We buy houses in Sandersville, Georgia. We are homebuyers in Sandersville GA, and we offer cash for houses in Sandersville. Are you thinking about selling your Sandersville home? Most likely, you are going to have some competition. It may require a little work, but in the long run, a little work can get your house sold fast! The Expert Home Buyers has put together some great tips on how to set your home apart when you are ready to sell in Sandersville.
Address the Senses to Sell the Georgia Property
Subconsciously, potential buyers will use all five senses in their decision on whether or not to make an offer on your home. Obviously, you will want the visual appearance to be impressive, but you will also want to think about what these potential buyers will hear, smell, taste, and touch.
- What they hear… Play background music during open houses. If you live in a younger, trendy neighborhood, play something more current. If it is an older neighborhood, classical, big band, and the standards can be great choices.
- What they smell… You don’t want fragrances to overpower your home. Some people can be sensitive to smells, and you don’t want to drive anyone away before they get to see your home. With that in mind, consider fragrances that are universally appealing. Everyone loves the aroma of freshly baked bread or chocolate chip cookies. Or, if you choose to use a candle or incense, keep it light and with a mild fragrance. Vanilla or citrus are popular choices that won’t be too harsh on your guests’ noses.
- What they taste… As mentioned above, the smell of cookies or fresh bread is universally enticing. Maybe you coincidently have some cookies baking along with some other light but delicious hors d’oeuvres. People may not remember the color of your crown molding, but they will remember the best brownie they ever ate.
- What they touch… Your potential buyers may not physically touch many items in the home, but the things they do touch should feel great. Think of the doorknobs, handles on cabinets, glasses, and faucet handles. These things should have a “good feel to them.” In addition, use a fluffy, luxurious throw blanket on the sofa. Add oversized feathered pillows to the bed to make it look beyond comfortable. Think of the touches you would find in a high-end hotel, and incorporate these things into your home.
Make It a Party Instead of Another Boring Open House in GA
So many open houses are all the same. And, the odds are your potential buyers have been to a few of these already. Consider making it more of a BBQ by hosting it in the afternoon or a cocktail party by hosting it in the evening. This will not only be memorable to your guests, but it will also allow them to get a sense of what living in the home will really feel like.
Entertaining friends, serving great food, and creating so much fun within the home that people don’t want to leave are great ways to sell your Sandersville home fast!
Focus on the Curb Appeal of Your Sandersville Home
The exterior of your house will determine whether or not people will even walk into your home. You’ve likely heard the phrase, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” but when it comes to home buying, this is often the case. This is your first impression and the first opportunity to make buyers fall in love with your home.
- Mow the lawn, weed the garden, and keep them regularly maintained.
- Paint if necessary. By doing the work yourself, you will save a ton of money and completely revitalize a worn-out facade.
- Repair cracked sidewalks and porches and tend to any boards that may have popped up.
- Make sure the furniture is clean and rust-free and flows with the exterior of the home.
- Fix your fixtures. Mailbox, doorknobs, and address numbers should all look clean and bold.
Don’t Take It Personal When Selling Your House in Georgia
Yes, you want to make your house feel like a home… inviting and cozy. But, if people come face to face with your Grand Canyon vacation pictures on the fridge or see a stack of your paperwork on the desk, they are going to feel as if they are intruding. Pick up the clutter and personal items and hide them all away while buyers are in your home.
Sell My House in Sandersville GA
To set your home apart to sell it in Sandersville GA, you should use all your senses. You may also think of doing a fun party in the morning or evening. Also consider focusing on the exterior appearance of your property. Finally, do not forget to take away all your personal belongings. If you think you need to sell your house in Georgia, call us. We are your local Sandersville GA home buyers and we can help you.